Sign in to follow this  
massivelyindie

Zombies and the Plague

Hi, I was wondering if you have any lore to accompany the zombies and the plague? The reason I ask this is because one of the issues people will find immediately is with the zombies. Many games use the addition of zombies as a cheap way to create some content and usually the results are undesirable. In my opinion its because they just toss them in there....

"...oh ya and there are zombies. A mysterious plague cause it and be careful to not get bit!" - end

Especially now with such a large surplus of zombie games, the time spent on lore isn't wasted. I think if players have a reason why they are fighting zombies helps. A solid reason for the state of the world is needed and something that severely lacks in survival games imo. Maybe this is something that you have planned and its discovered in an unfolding story or event. Its definitely something I am interested in.

I do hope there are some interesting hooks at the start though! 

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Edited by massivelyindie
content

Indeed, we have some good ideas in the back of our heads regarding the story of DMC. I can guarantee you that the zombies will not just be "there". Our current plan is to tell the story through various NPC's and encounters. The player has to put the gathered parts of the story (and cause of the plague) together, similar to games like Dark Souls and Zelda.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lowfyr said:

Indeed, we have some good ideas in the back of our heads regarding the story of DMC. I can guarantee you that the zombies will not just be "there". Our current plan is to tell the story through various NPC's and encounters. The player has to put the gathered parts of the story (and cause of the plague) together, similar to games like Dark Souls and Zelda.

Awesome Lowfyr. I'm glad to hear that there is going to be some depth and a story line to follow.